Re: Fwd: -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS

On Sunday 08 December 2002 21:30, Russell Coker wrote:

> > OK, I'm getting exactly the same issues on S/390 (raptor) as I do on the
> ARM machines.
>
> Obviously I am doing something very wrong, could someone please tell me
> what it is?

Maybe the problem is caused by some of the warnings like

msgget_s.c:37: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
data type

This is due to the fact that char is per default unsigned on powerpc, arm and
s390. Using a char to compare against EOF is also broken on the other
platforms. You should use int instead of char, since EOF should be handled
differently than the char 0xff.

Gerhard