From: Gerhard Tonn [mailto:GerhardTonn@swol.de]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 11:09 AM
To: kkobb@skylinecorp.com
Cc: debian-s390@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: pdmenu dependency / seg fault

>I have only run into one small problem so far. Installed pdmenu, hoping to
>make life easier for some of operators who are not experienced with Linux.
>Installed without complaint, but when you try to start it, you get a
missing
>/usr/lib/libslang.so message. Created a link from
/usr/lib/libslang.so.1.4.4
>to /usr/lib/libslang.so, and now I get a Segmentation fault when I try to
>start it.

>Deleted the link I created, and installed the slang1-dev package (which
>recreates the above link). Same seg fault result though. I will try to take
>a look at this myself, but I am not entirely up to speed on the Debian
>packaging system, nor am I great programmer, so if anyone has an idea on
>this, I would appreciate the input.

The link problem has been caused by some build problem. This is supposed to
be fixed in the next release. The Segmentation fault happens in the gmp
library, probably because of devfs. Since gmp doesn't make any sense on
s390,
I have disabled it and rebuilt pdmenu. Could you give it a try. You find it
at

http://people.debian.org/~gt/pdmenu/

If it works for you, I will update the package accordingly for the next
release.

Gerhard