Re: Woody on hercules 2.16

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 01:05:25PM +0200, Jochen Hein wrote:

> Has anybody tried to install a fresh Woody in hercules 2.16?  I tried, but
> the boot-floppies do not recognize my emulated FBA disks (3370).  I tried
> ECDK (3390, 9345) too, but dasdfmt stopped the emulator.  Before I file
> bugs, any other experiences?

Yes, I have done at least two installs of current woody under Hercules onto
3390 with no problems.  The result of one of them is at:

http://people.debian.org/~mdz/hercules/

In the form of a CCKD image.

Can you be a little more specific about what happened when "dasdfmt stopped
the emulator"?  Was it similar to http://bugs.debian.org/114476 ?  If so,
make sure that you are using OSTAILOR LINUX, because that enables Hercules'
workaround for that Linux kernel bu.

--
 - mdz