Re: update-alternatives broken?

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 06:44:00PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 18:44:00 -0400
> From: Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org>
> To: debian-s390@lists.debian.org
> Subject: update-alternatives broken?
>
> On my s390 system in Hercules, update-alternatives fails for every package
> which uses it:
>
> Setting up telnet (0.17-15.0.1) ...
> update-alternatives: slave link name /usr/share/man/man1/telnet.1.gz
> duplicated
> dpkg: error processing telnet (--configure):
>
> All of the invocations appear to be correct (a similar error in all of these
> packages would be quite unlikely), and update-alternatives isn't doing
> anything ridiculous that I can see, so maybe this is a Perl bug of some
> sort?
I tried adding 'use integer;' in `update-alternatives` but the problem hasn't gone away.
I thought it might have something to do with the way Hercules does floating point,
(which is default in perl).

What's the status on the 'boot-floppies' front? I'm ready to start a new
installation and get into the documentation stuff.

Richard
--
Unix:        Your gun, Your bullet, Your foot, Your choice.
M$-CE/ME/NT: Same as Unix, BUT: No choice, and We Aim Higher.