Re: debian and hercules

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 07:24:05PM +0200, Gerhard Tonn wrote:

> I am experiencing the same problems as others that dasdfmt and
> update-alternatives don't work for 2.4 kernels under hercules. The
> next boot-floppies 3.0.16 will provide a workaround for the dasdfmt
> problem, since it will recognize the old disk layout. So if you have
> formatted dasd's with a 2.2 kernel they can be reused.
>
> Has anyone a workaround for the update-alternatives problem?

Willem Konynenberg <w.f.konynenberg@chello.nl> tracked down the problem,
and it has been fixed in Hercules CVS for a while now.

http://bugs.debian.org/115415

Hercules is moving toward a release, so I will probably be putting
together preliminary packages from CVS relatively soon.  I'll announce
them to the hercules mailing list, and I'll try to remember to send it
here as well, since this bug particularly affects Debian.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can build Hercules from CVS.  The
CVSROOT is :pserver:anonymous@cvs.conmicro.cx:/usr/cvs/hercules (blank
password), and the module name is 'hercules'.

--
 - mdz