Rust library as dependency of C/C++ package?

Hello.

I am the author of a C library called libeot:
https://github.com/umanwizard/libeot .

This library is packaged in Debian and provides libeot0,
libeot-dev, and eot2ttf. It is notably a dependency of LibreOffice.

This package probably has various bugs and as I am not great with C
and find it very tedious to use,
I was thinking of rewriting it in Rust rather than fixing the bugs
(and then providing
a C FFI interface on top of the underlying Rust code).

However, this will be a waste of time if distros will then refuse to
package the new version.
So, before I spend time doing that, I wanted to ask you if this would
be accepted by Debian maintainers,
or is Rust still too "experimental" to be accepted as a dependency of
mainstream packages like LibreOffice?