Re: kde+hal

В сообщении от Пятница 05 января 2007 00:26 Pechnikov Alexey написал(a):
> Эта тема  недавно обсуждалась.

It was decided that mount options do not belong to system wide settings.
Unfortunately as of this writing I am not aware of any user agent that would
allow you to set codepage option; not to mention simple fact that KDE volume
manager does not allow you to set defaults valid for any device (not to
mention system wide defaults).

KDE should pass utf8 if your locale is UTF8. If not, there is some bug (it
does it here).

There is a bug report about KVM; I have no idea if and when this will be fixed
(nor whether this even acknowledged as a bug) :(

And no, I do not think this is KDE bug ... but it probably too late to discuss
it now. Personally I use custom kernel with default codepage set to 866.
Obviously this is not a solution for anyone using distribution kernels or
dealing with different character sets.

Черт, как обидн, я всю эту долбаную спецификацию на hal и вдоль и поперёк
прочесал, а в итоге что.... облом.

ЗЫ Простите, но наболело :|
--
If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo,
  then Linux is Dolby Digital and all the music is free...