Re: #308194: tuxpaint: cannot type in russian

On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 18:15 +0300, Alexandra N. Kossovsky wrote:
> Tuxpaint does not support Unicode at all. Some Americans think that
> supporting unicode is supporting Latin-1 mapping to unicode. Such "unicode
> support" does not work for Russians, Greeks and many other people. :-(

I am told that this is fixed in CVS.  However, I am puzzled by John's
response:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=9527943&forum_id=44504

John appears to be saying that his version of SDL is required.  If that
is so, I can't package it for Debian.  However, if a Russian user would
like to try tuxpaint from CVS (see http://sf.net/projects/tuxpaint) to
see if it is any better with the latest SDL in Debian, I would
appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Ben