Интересная статья про масштабируемость

Hello all,

http://bulk.fefe.de/scalability/

Conclusion Linux 2.6 scales O(1) in all benchmarks. Words fail me on
how impressive this is. If you are using Linux 2.4 right now, switch
to Linux 2.6 now! FreeBSD 5.1 has very impressive performance and
scalability. I foolishly assumed all BSDs to play in the same league
performance-wise, because they all share a lot of code and can
incorporate each other's code freely. I was wrong. FreeBSD has by far
the best performance of the BSDs and it comes close to Linux 2.6. If
you run another BSD on x86, you should switch to FreeBSD! Linux 2.4 is
not too bad, but it scales badly for mmap and fork. NetBSD 1.6.1 was
treated unfairly by me because I only tested the stable version, not
the unstable source tree. I originally only wanted to benchmark stable
versions, but deviated with OpenBSD and then with FreeBSD. I should
have upgraded NetBSD then, too. Nonetheless, NetBSD feels snappy,
performs well overall, although it needs work in the scalability
department, judging from the old version I was using. Please note that
NetBSD was the only BSD that never crashed or panicked on me, so it
gets favourable treatment for that. OpenBSD 3.4 was a real stinker in
these tests. The installation routine sucks, the disk performance
sucks, the kernel was unstable, and in the network scalability
department it was even outperformed by it's father, NetBSD. OpenBSD
also gets points deducted for the sabotage they did to their IPv6
stack. If you are using OpenBSD, you should move away now.

--
Best regards,
Gaziz Nugmanov