Text mode (CLI), Knoppix, russian

Hi

I have tried to run the Debian distribution called Knoppix with
language set up for russian. The GUI looks fine but when I turn over
to text mode it still has latin screen font and keyboard driver.

Can someone guide me to how I install or set up my system so it as
perfect as it can be. Also I want lynx to show cyrillic characters
too. What do I do with Pine? Is there anything special I should do
with 'vi'?

If possible I would like the information in english, as I don't
understand russian yet.

best regards/hans
--
Hamletsgade 4 - 201, DK-2200 København N, Phone: +45 3582 9079
Schou Industries ApS      http://schou.dk/    CVR: 26 13 44 39