Re: Still Unable to Print in Russian

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Harold Crouch wrote:

HC>I now understand that I did not ask the correct question.  The correct
HC>question is: Where can I find MATCHING screen (bitmap - pcf) and
HC>printer (Postscript - pfa/pfb) fonts in KOI8-R encoding?

HC>-Harold

	For printing you do not find and do not need fonts in KOI8-R
encoding. All correct cyrillic Type1 font go with AdobeCyrillic
glyph names.

	For printing you can try console-cyrillic package from
debian distribution (at least it is in unstable). You can also use
it for X (add FontPath to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4) but for most
practical cases it will not the best solution.

	Best freely availiable bitmap cyrillic fonts - Cyr-RFX
(debian packages xfonts-bolkhov-koi8r-75dpi,
xfonts-bolkhov-koi8r-misc).

	Уоu can, of course, use GhostView (or gv) for print
preview (do not forget enable "anti-alias" toggle).