Re: Win-printer

Hello Vladimir,

VIU> Hello, All.

VIU> Можно ли через samba и lpd заставить работать вин-принтер hp laserjet
VIU> 1000w. В фильтре ifhp написано, что он поддерживает hp 1000 series с
VIU> помощью фильтра модели hp1100. Через lpr не печатает, а вместо этого
VIU> вешается lpd, а в messages написано, что из usblp0 не получен ответ 0,
VIU> а вместо него получен -32. То же самое, если ставлю принтер без
VIU> фильтра и печатаю из под винды виндовым драйвером через самбу.

VIU> --
VIU>  Vladimir I. Umnov                         mailto:samba@ezmail.ru

У меня та-же проблемма. HP LaserJet 1000. Пробовал настроить но пока
ничего из этого не вышло :(((

Писал в HP Support. Вот, что они ответили:

Thank you for contacting the Product Support Technical Center at the new
HP.

The LaserJet 1000 uses a host-based printing system and requires a Windows
operating system to function properly.  The host-based software uses the
computer's resources to process print commands and rasterize the data,
taking advantage of the computer's memory and processing power.  Only a
rasterized data image (completely formatted image) is sent to the printer.
This speeds up the print time and reduces the number of "out of memory"
problems.

Host-based printing differs from PCL printing in that the print job is
processed on the host computer, rather than in the printer formatter.

The HP LaserJet 1000 Series printer delivers LaserJet printing through a
direct (local) universal serial bus (USB) connection to a computer.

HP supports USB connection only with Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition
(Me), Windows 2000, and Windows XP.

NOTE:     The HP LaserJet 1000 Series printer software is not supported in
Windows 3.1x, Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows XP Professional Edition
(64-bit), or Windows Terminal Server versions.  The software also is not
supported in non-Microsoft operating systems such as Macintosh, UNIX (R),
Linux, or OS/2 Warp.

Unfortunately, we do not have a solution for the HP LaserJet 1000 and
Samba.

Once again, thank you for contacting the Product Support Technical Center
at the new HP.

NOTE: Our advice is strictly limited to the question(s) asked and is based
on the information provided to us.  Problems and solutions may depend on
the nature of your system environment and various other parameters that are
unknown to HP; therefore, HP cannot assume any responsibility or liability.
Please be advised that technical information changes as new data becomes
available, therefore, HP recommends that you check back at our Customer
Care web site located at http://www.hp.com/cposupport/eschome.html
regularly for possible updates.  Hewlett-Packard shall not be liable for
any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages in
connection with the use of this information.

Original Message Follows:

This message has been rerouted to you by the HP.COM email router.  If
this message has been sent to you in error, please forward back to the
email router mailbox at REROUTER,HPCOM per HP email directory.
Original message follows:

***Support Folks, Please send your response DIRECTLY TO THE CUSTOMER.

Shauna Silence
HP Services