Re: Reiserfs

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:08:24 +0300
Tim Tereschenko <tim@han.ks.ua> wrote:

> Поставил себе для эксперимента на отдельный раздел reiserfs.
> При монтировании пишет:
> =======
> reiserfs:warning: CONFIG_REISERFS_CHECK is set ON
> reiserfs:warning: - it is slow mode for debugging.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   - ?
[SKIP]
> Почему slow mode?
CONFIG_REISERFS_CHECK:

If you set this to Y, then ReiserFS will perform every check it can
possibly imagine of its internal consistency throughout its
operation.  It will also go substantially slower.  More than once we
have forgotten that this was on, and then gone despondent over the
latest benchmarks.:-) Use of this option allows our team to go all
out in checking for consistency when debugging without fear of its
effect on end users.  If you are on the verge of sending in a bug
report, say Y and you might get a useful error message.  Almost
everyone should say N.

> Чтение манов из пакета reiserfsprog не помогло.
  =) зачем было эту опцию в ядре включать?