Re: órash_:(

I had a similar problem about two years ago because file was corrupted during
write operation. have you checked it manually for garbage after the mentioned
line?

The standard solution - restore from a recent backup if you have it.

Dirty one - remove all garbage with any text editor and leave only full
sections. But one should expect more extra problems because it in future.

At that time I used a dirty one and it 'gone' after re-installation of complete
system due to migration to another hardware.

I've not seen a solution to rebuild any 'index' files in /var/lib/dpkg/ but
somebody could have a recepie...