Re: Debian 2.2r0 & kernel 2.4.9(10) & XFree 4.1.0

Konstantin Sorokin(ksorokin@mccme.ru)@2001.10.10 09:57:30 +0000:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 08:07:03AM +0400, andrey i. mavlyanov wrote:
> > Здравствуйте, debian-russian.
> >
> >   Не подскажет ли всезнающий All, как поапгрейдить ядро и иксы в сабжевом
> > релизе дебиана? что почитать на эту тему. А то вот хочется -- а с чего
> > начать не совсем понимаю =(
> >

> Ядро до 2.4.* можно проапгрейдить, добавив в sources.list
>
> deb http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main
> deb-src http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main
>
> Нпверняка есть нечто подобное и для X.

quoting http://people.debian.org/~cpbotha/xf410_potato/READ.THIS
hese are unofficial packages:

DO NOT FILE BUGS AGAINST THEM!
DO NOT BUG BRANDEN ABOUT THEM!

You need the following lines in your /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ecpbotha/ xf410_potato/i386/
deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ecpbotha/ xf410_potato/all/

You might also need the libfreetype debs at
http://people.debian.org/%7Ecpbotha/xf4_potato_deps/libfreetype6/
If any other weird dependencies crop up, have a look at the other dirs in:
http://people.debian.org/%7Ecpbotha/xf4_potato_deps/

For even more juicy info, see:
http://cpbotha.net/building_xfree86_4.1.0_debs_on_potato.HOWTO

--