Re: DNS

>>  PE> Are you serious about hosts. I have everything build using it.
>>  PE> Which version of libc is "достаточно новый" for you?
>> Dead serious. Take a look at:
[skip]

>> At least in glibc v2.2.3 this is really so.
 PE> It is really pity.  It was not my intention to install any DNS except
 PE> of /etc/hosts.
Use pdnsd or other DNS cache, and install only one full-blown bind to serve
them.

 PE> As from your reference:
[skip]
 PE> My points:
 PE> a) local/VPN hosts not necessary could be resolved by any external DNS
Yes. Thats why local is needed.

 PE> b) It will slow down everything and will be more complex (less
 PE>    secure).
Use simplier software, not bind :)

 PE> Probably we should wait with migration to Wooody as developers need
 PE> time to find out that this is a dead end of the road.
There is no way back because of IPv6 and glibc developers are quite firm on
this issue.

--
	Dmitry Astapov //ADEpt (mail-to: adept@umc.com.ua)