Re: SCSI problem

I am having the similar messages with Tekram Ultra SCSI 395 controller and old
PlexCDReWriter when accessing CDROMs with bad format (created by the same drive
:(( ). It was with any kernel I used last 2 years. Sometimes this computer even
hangs during accessing this CDROM drive (happended under Windows too). So for
me it is not Linux related. I think it could be a SCSI controller or drive
related "feature". You have a non-name SCSI controller, didn't you?

My suggestions for you are:
= change SCSI controller to a better one (Adaptec?)
= try to re-create partions, do media verification from SCSI controller and
re-format disks.

Pavel.