Re: apt-get update

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 07:54:48AM +0000, Nonkey Nonkey wrote:
> >> Странно, в последнее время перестал работать apt-get update. Как >будто не видит
> >> обновлений, соответственно апгрейдить не может :-(
> >> Удалял /etc/apt/sources.list, делал apt-setup заново, не >помогает.
> >[snip]
> >>
> >> Hit http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US/non-free Release
> >> Reading Package Lists... Done
> >> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> >>
> >> и все. Из-за чего такое может быть?
> >What updates do you expect?
>
> Это нормально, что обновлений нет уже больше месяца?
>
> >t's all stable, and packages don't get updated very often, if dated
> >? all.
>
> Да, но уже больше месяца ничего нет.

That's right. It is stable release and gets apdated quite rarely.
Now there is work in progress on next major release of Debian (3.0)

Latest stable is 2.2r3 for quite a while, and I don't think updates
will be coming out soon.

See my previous email for source for security updates, which are pretty much all
that is updated often. (add it to your /etc/apt/sources.list)

> >If you expirience other problems with apt updates, could you please
> >post your /etc/apt/sources.list ?
>

> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
> deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-fr
> ee
This is alright.
Of course you could upgrade to development version, but that maybe
risky (if you want all the latest and the greatest)