Re: Help pls with Cyrillic chars in X

Konstantin Kivi wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 06:27:34PM +0400, Alex V. Toropov wrote:
> > Hi, all
> >
> > Something went wrong with X on my linuxbox.
> > I was able to type cyrillic before, but now I'm unable.
> > I try to use "xev" and it shows that when I try to type Cyrillic letters
> >
> > the kyesym is correct (for example "Cyrillic_tse"), but "XLookupString"
> > returns 0 chars.
> >
> > I've make nothig in configuring my comp since the time I've no problems.
> >
> > But I've update packages to the latest stable and proposed-updates for
> > stable.
> > May be this is the issue?
> >
> Where can't you type cyrillic?
> What are LANG and LC_* a that moment?

I can't type cyrillic everywhere : in xterm, netscape, any other app.
In xterm I try echo $LANG and echo $LC_CTYPE they say "ru_RU.KOI8-R"
I'v egot some testXlc prog. Its output is:

admin:~$ testXlc
system locale: ru_RU.KOI8-R
X locale     : ru_RU.KOI8-R
X locale file: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/koi8-r/XLC_LOCALE

       language: ru
      territory: RU
        codeset: KOI8-R
   encodingName: KOI8-R

So it seams that locale is Ok. Where else the problem can be?