Re: Fwd: gitlab-agent_14.1.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On 10/06/22 10:54 pm, Pirate Praveen wrote:

2022, ജൂൺ 10 6:59:18 PM IST, Sruthi Chandran <srud@disroot.org>ൽ എഴുതി

-------- Original Message --------
From: Thorsten Alteholz <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>
Sent: 6 November 2021 5:30:09 pm IST
To: Sruthi Chandran <srud@debian.org>, Debian Ruby Team <pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Subject: gitlab-agent_14.1.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi,

the binary package name is totally different from the source package name. Is that intentionally?

gitlab-agent is the upstream project name https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/gitlab-agent/-/blob/master/debian/control#L12

https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/cluster-integration/gitlab-agent/-/tree/master/

But we only need one sub directory (pkg/ruby) from this project as a dependency for gitlab.

Anyway, packages in contrib need to fullfill the same rules (say DFSG) as packages in main, except they might depend on something outside main.
In any case sources must be available.

Sources are available, we have not regenerated *.pb.rb files from their source (build dependencies not in the archive and gitlab is already in contrib). If a build dependency is not in archive, that also qualifies for the package to be in contrib.

Can we reupload or can you point out which files have the sources missing?

internal/module/*/*.proto is source for pkg/ruby/lib/internal/module/*/*.rb

Since there was no reply, I have reuploaded.

Thanks
Praveen

  Thorsten

===

Please feel free to respond to this email if you don't understand why
your files were rejected, or if you upload new files which address our
concerns.