Re: RFS: ruby-rack-oauth2 1.21.2

On 14/09/22 15:29, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:
On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 11:10 PM Ravi <ravi@ravidwivedi.in> wrote:
<utkarsh2102> Ravi: can you also take a look at ruby-json-jwt?
<utkarsh2102> ruby-rack-oauth2 is never gonna migrate unless
ruby-json-jwt migrates. So before we upload that, I want to make sure
that -json-jwt is through.

There is a rc bug in ruby-json-jwt package, right? Was it fixed in the
new upstream version?

Precisely what I am asking you to do. :)

For figuring out whether ruby-json-jwt has fixed the bug in the upstream, I tried the following steps:

I went through the bug report in debian website https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1011682

I looked at the 'issues' section in the upstream https://github.com/nov/json-jwt/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed and this issue https://github.com/nov/json-jwt/issues/96 has a similiar title "test failures with ruby3.0", which matches with the bug description in the debian website, but this issue points to a previous bug reported in Debian, which was closed.

The upstream update to version 1.14.0 did not fix the bug (mentioned here https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ruby-json-jwt). A look at the description and details of each commit in the upstream (see https://github.com/nov/json-jwt/commits/master) do not indicate that the bug was fixed by the upstream.

I am not very sure about my findings.

If I missed any step which would have been helpful, please let me know.
--
Ravi Dwivedi
https://ravidwivedi.in