Re: Proposing to replace ruby-uglifier with ruby-terser and remove ruby-uglifier

On ബു, ജൂൺ 1 2022 at 06:21:34 വൈകു +05:30:00 +05:30:00, Utkarsh Gupta <guptautkarsh2102@gmail.com> wrote:
$ reverse-depends src:ruby-uglifier
Reverse-Recommends
* nanoc                         (for ruby-uglifier)

This needs update.

Reverse-Depends
* diaspora                      (for ruby-uglifier)
* gitlab                        (for ruby-uglifier)

already switched upstream. gitlab is fixed in experimental and need grpc/protobuf reuploads in unstable before it can be reuploaded. diaspora package is in my low priority list.

* obs-api                       (for ruby-uglifier)

This seems abandoned in debian.

* rails                         (for ruby-uglifier)

I'm uploading a fix.

Packages without architectures listed are reverse-dependencies in:
all, amd64, arm64, armel, armhf, i386, mips64el, mipsel, ppc64el,
s390x

$ reverse-depends -b src:ruby-uglifier
Reverse-Build-Depends
* nanoc                         (for ruby-uglifier)
* open-build-service            (for ruby-uglifier)
* rails                         (for ruby-uglifier)

see above.

* ruby-sprockets                (for ruby-uglifier)
* ruby-sprockets-rails          (for ruby-uglifier)

These two I will have a look soon.

As long as nothing breaks here and the transition from ruby-uglifier
to ruby-terser is smooth, it's all good. Whilst at it, you might also
want to open respective upstream issues so that we don't carry this
delta forever.

from gitlab and diaspora updates, it looks like a drop in replacement.