adjustments after running gem2deb

Dear subscribers,

while preparing the submission of a Ruby application[1] as a .deb (prepared by
gem2deb), I would like to clarify a few details in the files one has to adjust.
At present, the application (MIT license) got 52 contributors; among them, there
are four current and two past maintainers.  The initial contributor is one of
the past maintainers.

After reading two guides[2, 3], my three questions are:

+ file /debian/copyright, entry upstream-contact:  The script based generation
  entered the email of the initial contributor of the project; maybe this was a
  piece of information extracted from the project's already existing copyright
  file.  However, wouldn't it be more useful to insert either
   + a contact to one of the current maintainers,
   + a maintainer of the entry on https://rubygems.org/gems/mdl gem2deb uses, or
   + the address of the person submitting the .deb package to Debian, because
     file /debian/control includes an entry uploaders?
+ file /debian/copyright, entry copyright:  The pattern suggested is

  ```
  ```

  Does it suffice to sort this list in ascending order of the year of each
  contributor's first contribution?
+ file /debian/control, entry maintainer:  By default, the Debian Ruby Team is
  added.  Should I substitute this by name and email address of the four current
  maintainers of the project?

With regards,

Norwid

[1] https://github.com/markdownlint/markdownlint/