Re: ruby-webrick and ruby2.7

Le Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 03:52:33PM +0200, Cédric Boutillier a écrit :
> I was wondering if ruby2.7 should not be made to Provides: ruby-webrick
> (= 1.6.1), before we make the packages needing that Ruby
> library to actually (build)depend on a ruby-webrick package.
> What do you think?

I see that libruby2.7 provides (non-versioned) Provides: for gems
bundled with its standard library, in particular ruby-webrick. I thus
think it is safe adding the build-dependency to webrick, probably better
with a patch upstream to add webrick to the list of dependency in the
gemspec, then (rather than hardcoded in the control file, if we want to
rely on the ${ruby:Depends}).