Re: Ruby Meta Error (Trouble setting up ruby meta script)

Awesome, thanks!
Yeah, I saw that the solution for LXC(nested containers) was mostly for Ubuntu and there are differences like trying to install LXD on debian which does't exist and getting a work around using snapd which needs a Ubuntu distro and account to easily setup. pheww! saw all those post still didn't work

Thanks a lot i truly appreciate it, it will save me lot of work, will pull from this branch after the setup script is modified to fall back to schroot if AUTOPKGTEST_VIRT_SERVER  is set to schroot

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 5:47 PM Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

On വെ, ഒക്ടോ 8 2021 at 08:41:58 വൈകു +0530 +0530,
Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

> On വെ, ഒക്ടോ 8 2021 at 07:53:10 വൈകു +0530
> +0530, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:
>>

>> On 8 October 2021 7:11:38 am IST, Ayoyimika Ajibade
>>  <ayoyimikaajibade@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> While trying to setup meta script to enable further package a
>>>   _javascript_
>>> module, as i run ./setup i get this error with starting up LXC
>>>   container
>>> https://paste.debian.net/1214649/ and when i try to run in
>>> foreground
>>> mode to observe the boot process i get this error
>>> https://paste.debian.net/1214650/
>>>
>>> Please what configuration's  am i missing? and am I running Debian
>>> on
>>> windows WSL2 sub-system.
>>
>> I don't think WSL2 supports containers. Anyone else using WSL may be
>>  able confirm.
>
> Looks like it does not work in current versions of WSL2
>
> https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/4158
>
> Someone commented,
> "If you have a compatible CPU, nested virtualization is now enabled
> by default in recent Insider Dev builds." I don't know if there is a
> way to get these builds.
>
> Someone has a work around, you may be able to disable networking in
> lxc, install privoxy and map its port inside the container
>
> https://blog.simos.info/how-to-run-lxd-containers-in-wsl2/
>
> Commenting out all lines with lxc.net in /etc/lxc/default.conf (also
> comment out lines for apparmour) would disable the network.
>
> You will also need to configure proxy gloablly inside the container
> and not just set the variable in shell session.
>
> echo 'Acquire::http { Proxy "http://proxy:3142"; }' | sudo tee -a
> /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/proxy
>
> Or alternatively you may be able to use docker to run autopkgtests by
> modifying the setup and build scripts to use docker.
>
> I think salsa ci use docker to run autopkgtests.

I have modified the build scripts to fallback to schroot if
AUTOPKGTEST_VIRT_SERVER is set to any value.

https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/meta/-/merge_requests/13

Suggestions for a different name for this variable is welcome. I still
need to handle this case in setup script too (skip lxc setup).

So you can use build command from
https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/meta/-/tree/autopkgtest-schroot-support
and set AUTOPKGTEST_VIRT_SERVER=schroot in your ~/.bashrc