Re: Question - why does ruby2.7 recommend a font?

Hi,

Em 01/10/2021 09:17, RL escreveu:
Thanks for maintaining ruby in debian. I've been a long-time user.

This is not a complaint or a bug report, but a question - why does
ruby2.7 depend on fonts-lato and libjs-jquery?

First of all, those packages are not hard dependencies, they are recommended by the ruby3.0 binary package. If you explicitly say to apt to not install recommends they will not be installed.

Now answering why they are recommended: when you generate documentation using rdoc you might need those dependencies, some templates use them.

particularly fonts-lato was surprising. I wondered if it was deliberate
or a mistake?

This is not a mistake. The package even creates symlinks from those dependencies to make them correctly work with rdoc.

Cheers!

--
Lucas Kanashiro