Re: mini_portile2 gem and ruby-magic-static gem

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 11:21 pm, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to package ruby-magic-static gem as a new dependency of gitlab 13.9.5, but it has a runtime dependency on mini_portile2 gem. I vaguely remember removing that dependency in gemspec for some other gem (found out 1.10.9 version of nokogiri gem used it). Do we really need to package mini_portile2? This one seems not easy to patch out as the extconf.rb uses it a lot. Ideas?

Side note: gitlab added a new dependency in a security update!

I built ruby-mini-portile2 gem temporarily to see who ruby-magic-static gem build goes.

It built fine, but
require_relative 'magic/magic'
in lib/magic.rb fails as the extention is installed in a different directory. Ideas?

Both repos are present in salsa.