Re: RFS: new upstream version for ruby-hitimes

On 2021-03-24 11:11 p.m., Gabriel Filion wrote:
one of the requirements for the puppet-development-kit (pdk) application is ruby-hitimes, and pdk's gemspec specifies that a version, 1.3.0, more recent than the one currently in debian archives was needed. When I checked upstream, I saw that version 2.0.0 was released, so I set out to package this new version.

according to what I saw with rdepends, only two other packages directly depend on ruby-hitimes, and they don't specify an upper bound for the required version.

even though upstream currently doesn't claim ruby 2.7 support, all tests are passing with this version.

I've sent my work in a fork so that it can be reviewed more easily:

https://salsa.debian.org/LeLutin/ruby-hitimes

Could someone please review the above and make a sign if something doesn't feel right?

oh shoot! just after I sent this email I saw that autopkgtest was failing because of a path that doesn't match test expectations. I'll have to go and take a look at this first