Re: ruby-cssminify

Hi Klaumi,

Le Sun, Feb 07, 2021 at 11:46:14PM +0100, Klaumi Klingsporn a écrit :
> At the moment the packages git resides in my namespace
> at salsa: https://salsa.debian.org/klaumi/ruby-cssminify

Your package looks fine. Just a couple of minor details:

- the (new) name of the team is "Debian Ruby Team" and not "Debian Ruby
  Extras Maintainers" (which dates from a time where the ruby
  interpreter was maintained by a different group)
- No need to indicate "Team upload" in the changelog entry, as you are
  listed as an uploader of the package in debian/control
- My lintian says that there is no need to refer to the BSD file under
  /usr/share/common-licences/BSD
- It is considered a best practice to choose the same license as
  upstream for the files under debian/. So unless you have strong
  reasons to do so, it is probably better to use Expat for the files
  under debian/
- Maybe replace 'gem' by 'library' in the long description of
  debian/control, and remove maybe the last line.

A more general question is 'how does it compare to ruby-cssmin?' which
seems to have exactly the same role (and no dependency to!).
It is a very naive question, as I have dived too much in the difference
between the two.

Thanks for your work for bringing back webgen to Debian!

Best wishes,