Re: Ruby 3.0 enabled in unstable

Hi,

Em 01/10/2021 16:36, Lucas Kanashiro escreveu:
Hi everyone,

This is just a FYI that ruby3.0 is now enabled by ruby-defaults in unstable. From now on, building packages in unstable will trigger tests and build extensions for both, 2.7 and 3.0.

Due to a build failure in mipsel this is not true, we disabled ruby 3.0 from unstable and once it gets fixed we will re-enable it. However, we can keep testing things against ruby 3.0 using ruby-dev-all from experimental where we have both interpreters enabled.

I'll be rebuilding all the reverse dependencies again using the packages in unstable and report to all of you the status, so we can start to file bugs against packages failing to build with ruby3.0.

I did rebuild the packages using ruby-all-dev from experimental and here you can find the results:

https://people.debian.org/~kanashiro/ruby3.0/round2/builds/

At the moment, almost 17% of the packages are failing to build (241 out of 1422). Next step is filing bugs against those packages and start to fix them. I'd appreciate your help to move forward with the transition :)

Cheers!

--
Lucas Kanashiro