Re: gem2deb stable-bpo problem

Quack,

On 2020-05-03 00:47, Antonio Terceiro wrote:

One issue in there is that gem2deb from bullseye (and therefore that
backport) generates a Build-Depends on gem2deb (>= 1), and in buster
that will only be satisfied with the backport.

gem2deb 1 was already there.

As for the dependency on it, there is also a rule in the backport page saying you should upload the same package with as little changes as possible, so that's what I did at first and since the new-upstream script updated everything to the new standards, it got gem2deb bumped too. As I said it's not necessary and I removed the version requirement and it builds fine with stable's toolchain.

As for redmine itself it's a tad specific since there is no stable redmine and a few backported packages (ruby-rouge, maybe another I do not recall) are necessary to bring it to stable. Of course I hope we can do better for the next release.

Now I have no idea why gem2deb was brought to bpo but I wanted to point this specific problem I found, that's all.

\_o<

--
Marc Dequènes