Re: RFC: RM requests for ruby-upr, ruby-multipart-parser, and ruby-haml-contrib

El vie., 13 mar. 2020 20:22, Lucas Kanashiro <kanashiro@debian.org> escribió:
Hi David,

On 13/03/2020 14:54, David Suarez wrote:
> Im lost here...
>
> One of the decisions of removing, for example all the functionality of
> aws-sdk-v{1,2} in favor of having only aws-sdk-s3, is because ruby
> team is packaging gems for ruby webapps, not for endusers (as utkarsh
> commented some time ago in is favor)

We do maintain gems thinking on web apps in general, however, we do not
arbitrarily remove them after they are in the archive.

Then someone have to update the team page.

I always packages ruby gems for end-users.

> Have ruby team any politics about why endusers would lost
> functionality because another app packaging?
We just agreed today as a team that we will just remove broken packages,
if a package is not used anymore by a web app but it is still working
fine we just keep them in the archive. But web apps drive our development.

Regarding ruby-aws-sdk I suggest you to communicate better with the
other team members, we are here to support our users but there are some
trade-offs that need to be taken in account.