Re: ruby-redis 4.0 transition - help needed

On വ്യാ, Nov 21, 2019 at 15:10, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

On വ്യാ, Nov 21, 2019 at 15:00, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

On വ്യാ, Nov 21, 2019 at 14:50, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:
Hi team,

Needs help with ruby-fakeredis. For ruby-mail-room and ruby-redis-namespace I will try if new upstreams fix the failures.

Small correction, need help with ruby-redis-namespace as well, no new upstream version.

ruby-mail-room new upstream version 0.10 also failed (with new fakeredis as well, possibly it is related to failure in fakeredis).

SInce both packages are not fixed yet after 2.5 months of reporting bugs (sufficient heads up for a transition I think, also no response from upstream too) and for both packages uploaders are also gitlab maintainers, I plan to upload ruby-redis 4.x to unstable now. If these don't get fixed by bullseye, probably we could disable tests as a worst case scenario. Or probably we could work on this during the ruby team sprint.