Re: RM ruby-mpi?

Hi,

On February 15, 2020 7:02:10 AM Utkarsh Gupta <utkarsh@debian.org> wrote:

Hi Youhei and all,

ruby-mpi is failing to build against Ruby2.7; it also fails with Ruby2.5 :(

Yes, I know, because gem2deb don't honor Config['CC'] = 'mpicc' in extconf.rb.

The upstream seems to be dead, too. The last release was in 2016.

No. I'm one of the upstream author.
This project is not dead, we need it.

I'll take care of it.

Best wishes,
Youhei

However, there was one commit in 2019 (but nothing in between or
afterward).

ruby-mpi has no reverse{-build} dependencies either.
The last upload by you was in 2014-07-09. And only a couple of days
back by Kanashiro when we were working during the sprints. It seemed
to build fine but then failed again.

If you don't need it anymore, it might make sense for us to just file a removal?
Let us know what you think about the same.

Best,
Utkarsh