Re: RFS: vagrant-librarian-puppet

On 2019-08-29 8:36 a.m., Georg Faerber wrote:
> On 19-08-28 23:36:41, Gabriel Filion wrote:
>> I've tested install and functionality of the vagrant plugin, and I
>> believe I'm ready for reviews before the package is uploaded! You can
>> find the code here:
>>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/vagrant-librarian-puppet
>>
>> This is my first ever *new* debian package submitted to the archive
>> (I'm currently maintaining smokeping, a package that was already in
>> existance), so please don't hesitate to nitpick and guide me in the
>> right path! :D
>
> I did a review now, so here you go. All in all it looks pretty good,
> just some notes:

> - debian/control:
>   - Please build depend on debhelper-compat (= 12), and drop debhelper
>
> - debian/compat
>   - Drop completely

Changed as recommended.

both of those things were put in place by gem2deb, so maybe we need to
patch gem2deb to change the default templates it instantiates?

> - debian/control:
>   - Extended description:
>     - Puppet vs. puppet (personally I would go with the former)
>     - Typos: "sate" and "temselves"

oh, good catch! it seems like I can't type this week :S
I've fixed those

> - debian/rules:
>   - Line 11: Trailing whitespace (remove this line completely)

done

> - git tags:
>   - Please sign your tags -- not sure which tooling you're using, but in
>     case it's gbp, that's quite easy to accomplish: create ~/.gbp.conf
>     with the following content:
>
>     [DEFAULT]
>     keyid = $YOUR_GPG_FINGERPRINT
>     sign-tags = True

thanks, I've added this to my config.
I created the tag directly with git, though. I should learn to use the
automatisms of gbp for this.

>   - Please don't create debian/* tags, these should be created by the
>     person doing the actual upload

ah! this is good to know. maybe I should've asked before creating the
tag since I wasn't too sure about this detail.

> I hope the above is cool, and not an annoyance for you.

quite the contrary, I'm grateful for the super useful feedback :) I
still have a lot to learn in terms of debian packaging

cheers!