Re: Call for help!

Hey,

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 9:18 PM Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 11:24:12PM +0530, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:
> Hey,
>
> While working on some packages, I hit an obstacle pertaining bundler.
> While we usually patched out bundler, ruby-combustion seems to be using
> bundler.
> Thus if any and every package that uses ruby-combustion is patched out
> for bundler, it's build fails.
> The logs of the failure point at combustion using bundler, saying:
> /var/lib/gems/2.5.0/gems/combustion-1.1.0/lib/combustion.rb:28:in
> `initialize!': uninitialized constant Combustion::Bundler (NameError)
>
> which is kinda obvious. Now that ruby (I guess?) also uses bundler
> somewhere, there's no escaping from it.
>
> Now, the packages using bundler and ruby-combustion, their autopkgtest
> fails (build is perfectly fine!) saying:
> "File does not exist: bundler/setup"
>
> which I find a little weird. I tried some work around(s) but all in
> vain. I might be missing something very obvious here, thus call out for
> help!
>
> Packages which show this behavior (for now):
>         - ruby-arbre
>         - ruby-ahoy-email
>
> Could you maybe take a look at them and write a patch to fix the same? I
> am kinda tired doing this now.

You want to make ruby-combustion depend on ruby-bundler, because it
seems to use bundler at runtime.

"File does not exist: bundler/setup" rings a giant bell in that
direction. :)

Geez, that didn't help either :/
The error still remains the same, I tried building up ruby-combustion (with ruby-bundler in its depends) locally and then passing it with the other packages.
Doesn't make a difference :/

Maybe tomorrow, I'll formally upload ruby-combustion and then you can give this a try as well :D

Best,
Utkarsh