Re: RFS:- ruby-batch-loader newer upstream version

On 2019, ജൂലൈ 21 12:24:36 PM IST, Balasankar C <balasankarc@autistici.org> wrote:
>Hey Manas,
>
>On 7/18/19 5:47 PM, Manas Kashyap wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The following packages are ready to be uploaded
>> Could you please sponsor them?
>>
>> ruby-batch-loader newer upstream version to
>> experimental https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-batch-loader/
>> The package was tested on both gbp and sbuild. They're also
>lintian-clean.
>>
>> Thank you!
>
>Few things to note
>1. There is no tag upstream/1.4.1+dfsg.1, which makes gbp buildpackage
>fail on `gbp:error: upstream/1.4.1+dfsg.1 is not a valid treeish`
>
>2. There are few lintian warnings that I think can be corrected without
>much effort. I recommend fixing them too, from a QA perspective at
>least.

The orig tar was missing from pristine-tar branch. Since copyright was missing Files-Excluded field, and watch file did not have repack instructions, uscan could not generate it either.

I used the upstream tag to generate orig tar and also fixed copyright and watch files. I uploaded it, but it just increased my work as I had to figure things out manually.