Re: Rails 5 transition plan - help needed

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 10:03:10PM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> On 12/27/18 12:30 PM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> > Or if someone wants to move ahead with rails 5 without waiting for
> > gitlab, please let me know (gitlab is not going to be in buster anyway,
> > hopefully we will find another way to provide gitlab in buster, at the
> > minimum in my personal repo).
> >

> Can anyone confirm if the transition freeze applies to rails as well?
> We manage it inside the team and not involve the release team for an
> official transition I guess. (almost?) All affected packages are managed
> by the same team.

Yes. Even though we would be able to "hide" this from the RT because
it's not handled as a "proper" transition, you are still making changes
that have a large potential for breakage, regardless of who maintains
the affected packages.

So, the time to go for rails 5 for buster is *now*.