Re: lintian warning on usage of needs-recommends

On 12/31/18 5:55 AM, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I was updating the package *ruby-devise*. Although it is being
> successfully built, it gives me a *lintian* warning. The warning says:
> *|ruby-devise source: obsolete-runtime-tests-restriction
> needs-recommends paragraph starting at line 1|*
> I read about it a little and found out that the usage of
> *|needs-recommends|* is deprecated.
> Here's my control file:
> https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-devise/blob/master/debian/tests/control
>
> However, one of the possible workarounds that was discussed on
> *||#debain-ruby||* was to shift all the 11 packages listed under
> *|recommends|* of *|ruby-rails |*|to || *|depends|* of *|rails|* package
> and strike out the *Restrictions* line.
> |

> Would that suffice? Would like to know the thoughts of you all on the same.

If no one objects to this change, I'd like to go ahead with moving all
recommends from ruby-rails to depends of rails. If we are not doing it,
then each of the autopkgtests will need to duplicate the same.

We still need to package ruby-spring-watcher-listen,
ruby-selenium-webdriver and update ruby-capybara as per
https://git.fosscommunity.in/debian-ruby/TaskTracker/issues/131