lintian warning on usage of needs-recommends

Hey,

I was updating the package ruby-devise. Although it is being successfully built, it gives me a lintian warning. The warning says:
ruby-devise source: obsolete-runtime-tests-restriction needs-recommends paragraph starting at line 1
I read about it a little and found out that the usage of needs-recommends is deprecated.
Here's my control file: https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-devise/blob/master/debian/tests/control

However, one of the possible workarounds that was discussed on #debain-ruby was to shift all the 11 packages listed under recommends of ruby-rails to depends of rails package and strike out the Restrictions line.

Would that suffice? Would like to know the thoughts of you all on the same.

Thanks,
Utkarsh Gupta