Re: help/ideas for debugger-ruby_core_source

On 10/09/17 12:40, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> I have just created ruby-debugger-ruby-core-source in alioth (it is a
> dependency of rblineprof which in turn is a dependency of gitlab 9.5.x).
>
> Would it be enough to just use the .h files we ship in ruby2.3-dev? Or
> can we include .inc files too in -dev package? I can see many more files
> in the other directories provided in there.
>
> I was planning to drop those source files and ship only the headers
> corresponding to the ruby version we ship. Is that enough?

I would think you should be able to replace this dependency with
ruby2.3-dev entirely, since the point of this package is generally[1] to
provide exactly the header files that ruby2.3-dev provides.

Regards,
Matijs

[1] Unless the gem does something really weird like comparing header
files across Ruby versions.