Re: [help] maintain several source packages ruby-gnome2 derived

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 08:11:52PM +0900, dai@debian.org wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Sat, Aug 05, 2017 at 10:53:56PM +0900, dai@debian.org wrote:
> > > ruby-gnome2 in Debian started way before upstream provided proper gems,
> > > way before rubygems.org was a thing, and maybe even before rubygems
> > > itself was a thing, so that's why we have been using the source tarball.
> > >
> > > if you want to maintain several source packages instead of one, sure,
> > > why not.
> >
> > Thank you for your explanation.
> > I will try to package them after next upstream release (3.1.9?)
>
> I will try to do so, but there are too many source packages to work (19 pkgs).
> Usually I am using 10 pkgs of src:ruby-gnome2 for mikutter and rabbit,
> I could not maintain all 21 pkgs, so would you please help me to
> maintain several source packages?
>
> I am using (10 pkgs):
>
> - ruby-atk
> - ruby-cairo-gobject
> - ruby-gdk-pixbuf2
> - ruby-gio2
> - ruby-glib2
> - ruby-gobject-introspection
> - ruby-gtk2
> - ruby-pango
> - ruby-poppler
> - ruby-rsvg2
>
> I am NOT using (9 pkgs):
>
> + ruby-clutter
> + ruby-clutter-gdk
> + ruby-clutter-gtk
> + ruby-gdk3
> + ruby-gstreamer
> + ruby-gtk3
> + ruby-gtksourceview2
> + ruby-gtksourceview3
> + ruby-webkit2-gtk

In that case, maybe it's not worth the effort to convert the ruby-gnome2
source into several individual source packages? I mean, there is nothing
wrong with the current packaging, other than the fact that upstream
might not like the idea and we have to carry one (rather small) patch. So
if it isn't broken, don't try to fix it?

I would not be able to help with this myself.