Re: Adding extra path / gempath during tests?

On 07/21/2017 06:25 PM, Jason Pleau wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am trying to finalize the update of ruby-neovim to its latest upstream
> release.
>
> I have the following files in the source repo [1]:
>
> # executable called by neovim when trying to run ruby code
> ./bin/neovim-ruby-host
>
> # the actual ruby code for the gem
> ./lib/*
>

> Now my problem: this gem has tests calling /usr/bin/nvim and requiring
> the neovim-ruby-host to be in $PATH, and the gem to be installed (the
> neovim-ruby-host has a require 'neovim/host' line).
>
> Those tests work if I either install the gem with "gem install neovim"
> or if I build the package with tests disabled. I would like the tests to
> work whether or not the gem is installed.
>
> How can I work around this? Adding ./bin/ to $PATH and somehow making
> ./lib/ available to ruby so 'require' works would be my first thought,
> but I don't know how to that in debian/rules.

I found a way to workaround this without changing $PATH and gempaths:

I added 'let g:ruby_host_prog = getcwd() . '/../../bin/neovim-ruby-host'
to the neovim settings that are in the spec/ folder so the executable is
found by neovim.

Sorry for the noise!

--
Jason Pleau