The state of ruby gems SemVer compliance

Hi,

The state of ruby gems SemVer compliance -
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/UpstreamPledge

I have been asking rubygems authors about their commitment to SemVer.org
and I’m surprised by the high positive response. This is contrary to the
common belief that rubygems don’t follow any sane process for updates
and there is no guarantee that a patch or minor update will not
introduce breaking changes.

Out of 20 rubygem developers I asked,

    13 responded positively (65%)
    3 responded negatively - sidekiq strongly rejected, httpclient will
try but no promise (15%)
    4 did not give any reply (20%)

Would you like to help out? All you need to do is ask the upstream
author of a library (usually by opening a github issue) if they follow
SemVer and if they do ask them to mention it in README.

See https://github.com/benbalter/licensee/issues/99 for an example. If
you join this campaign, update the debian wiki when you ask an upstream
and update it when they respond.

I think a better place to capture this information would be rubygems.org
itself, I have requested it
https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems.org/issues/1325

Thanks
Praveen