Re: diaspora wants to move to jquery 2

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 12:01:59PM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> On Friday 27 November 2015 09:03 PM, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> > I commented there; since jquery is backwards compatible except for
> > browser support, the dependency can be just `>= 1.11`.
> >

> gitlab 8.9 wants jquery2
> app/assets/javascripts/application.js.coffee:#= require jquery2
>
> I'm patching this to 'require jquery'
>
> Or should we provide jquery2 in ruby-jquery-rails?

I just realized that ruby-jquery-rails was supposed to also provide
jquery2 ... but please keep that patch in place for now.

I need to figure out how to move forward with jquery in general, with
this, and also jquery 3 has just been released ...  and there are more
than 600 reverse dependencies, so ... → TODO list

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>