Re: Moving generic files inside a gem?

On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 10:09:43AM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:

> I fixed it already. I was wondering if the gemspec should be renamed as well.

You fixed only ruby-base32 as far as I can see. Tomasz was talking about
ruby-aws, which should also not let version.rb in
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby.

I don't think it is necessary to change the gemspec to reflect the fact
that the file has moved. As far as I understand, these data about files
in gemspecs are not used, except in very specific cases (like plugins
for ruby-minitest). They don't match anyway most of the time the
installed location of the files by the packages.