Re: RFS using a permanent etherpad?

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 07:51:08PM +0530, Balasankar C wrote:
> On ബുധന്‍ 09 മാര്‍ച്ച് 2016 09:48 രാവിലെ, Sebastien Badia wrote:
> > The idea of a permanent pad (in order to facilitate teamwork) came
> > during discussions.
>
> Good idea, _iff_ it doesn't replace the concept of RFS mails. I
> understand it will help DDs of the team get a list of unattended RFSs
> quickly and decrease the delay. But, pad should be there to only
> support the existing RFS workflow, which uses mails to the team
> mailing list, not replace it.
>
> Main reason is that reviews for RFS mails must be archived as they are
> great pointers for beginners and helpful when creating documentation.
> The reviews I got for my RFS mails helped me in future packagings and
> it happened because the mails get archived.
>
> Also, RFS mails is a good way for new members to get introduced to
> community and improve the bond between community members.
>
> So, I am all in for the idea, but will practice RFS Mail + Pad entry. :)

ACK. Handling RFS through the pad was very useful in the sprint, but
now that we are all apart in terms of both space and time, the most
useful feature of a pad would be to know what RFS are being processed by
whom, so as a sort of coordination effort, i.e. to take notes on things
that are going on.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>