Re: RFS: ruby-diaspora-vines

On Wednesday 03 February 2016 09:59 AM, sudheesh shetty wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I prepared the packaging of ruby-diaspora-vines. It is lintian clean
> and tested with pbuilder. Further information about this package can
> be accessed from the URL :
>
> https://gitlab.com/debian-ruby/ruby-diaspora-vines
>
> Consider to review and upload it.

Some comments,

1. Tests are failing, you should fix it. See
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging/Tests

2. You should change the version to 0.2~develop.4 as you should allow
updating to 0.2 when it becomes available.

0.2.develop.4 > 0.2 > 0.2~develop.4

We use ~ symbol to tell apt that a alpha, beta, develop version is
smaller than their released version.

"One common use of ~ is for upstream pre-releases. For example,
1.0~beta1~svn1245 sorts earlier than 1.0~beta1, which sorts earlier than
1.0."

https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/footnotes.html#f37