bundler groups and --local

Hi,

Currently I have to patch out development and test groups from Gemfile
for bundle install --local to work, this means I have to do it for every
release. It would be nicer if bundler allows excluding groups completely
(ignore gems in such groups even when source is not found, like in case
of debian).

I have requested bundler upstream (it was not considered a bug,so I
asked if this could be a feature).

https://github.com/bundler/bundler/issues/4023

Can any of you review if my explanation on the above issue is clear and
if it is missing something or unclear, comment on the issue? If someone
can patch bundler and send a pull request, that would be even more
awesome :)

Thanks
Praveen