Re: gitlab - install problems

Hello,
(sorry replying this way, i wasn't subscribed to mailing list)

1) you are right, i didn't see that, it runs as user gitlab
4,5) new gitlab-shell in your repo fixes this issues, thanks

I have updated to your packages 8.3.0 and I had to run
bundle lock --update --local
in /usr/share/gitlab

---------
I have remembered more problems during install and reported them (on package
ruby-activerecord-session-store)
 - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=809559
 - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=809560

-  user gitlab should be added to group redis, so it can access unix socket on
disk (which must be enabled in redis package by hand - this could be mentioned
in readme?)
- gitlab package missing dependency on ruby-state-machines-activerecord
- sometimes in future, can you soften dependency on postrgres to recommends?
we use mysql to host gitlab db

With regards,
Libor